Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Easy Hair Bow Holder

My god daughter was turning one, and she is just starting to be able to wear hair bows.  So of course, I wanted to make some, but I didn't want to just do that.  So I got thinking, how could I give her something to hold them...  I've seen the bow holders, made out of picture frames before ( a good example would be here) but i never find any great frames that big so... That idea was out. But I did have a simple frame that I could jazz up too.. So here is what I came up with...


I used a 5 x 7 wooden frame that was flat.  I spray painted it gold, and then glued pretty pink scrapbook paper on the flat part of the frame.  Using and Exacto knife I cut out the center after it was glued down.  I then sanded the edges with an emery board to clean up them up.


Next I added the ribbon, buttons and flower to the front for decoration, and cut the paper to go inside the frame.

I cut three ribbons for the back of the frame and glued them on too.  And can you believe what I am about to say....Done! It's that Easy!

What I really like is that it can use this as a dry erase board too, maybe for notes about missing bows?


1 comment:

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!